ECNL Alumni are Everywhere at the College Cup
RICHMOND, Va. (December 16, 2014) – In unprecedented fashion, Elite Clubs National League Alumni dominated the 2014 NCAA Division I Women’s Final Four, with 66 ECNL Alums on the rosters of the four teams that competed to be crowned the 2014 NCAA National Champions.
After only five years of ECNL soccer, the number of ECNL Alums playing at college soccer’s highest levels is staggering. In total, the Final Four featured 66 players that played in the ECNL as youth players:
- Florida State University – 9 ECNL Alums
- Stanford University – 22 ECNL Alums
- University of Texas A&M – 21 ECNL Alums
- University of Virginia – 14 ECNL Alums
Not only is the ECNL the broadest path to the top college women’s soccer teams and conferences in the country, and the rosters of the best of the best in these programs are also ECNL Alumsbest four college teams in the country are dominated by ECNL Alums.
Florida State University
- 2 ECNL Alums on the 2014 ACC All-Conference First Team
- 2 ECNL Alums on the 2014 ACC All-Conference Second Team
- 2 ECNL Alums on the 2014 ACC All-Conference Third Team
- 2014 Pac-12 Freshman of the Year (Andi Sullivan, Bethesda SC)
- 2 ECNL Alums on the 2014 Pac-12 All-Conference First Team
- 2 ECNL Alums on the 2014 Pac-12 All-Conference Second Team
Texas A&M University
- 2014 SEC Offensive Player of the Year (Shea Groom, KCFC)
- 4 ECNL Alums on the 2014 SEC All-Conference First Team
- 2 ECNL Alums on the 2014 SEC All-Conference Second Team
University of Virginia
- 2014 ACC Midfielder of the Year (Danielle Colaprico, PDA)
- 3 ECNL Alums on the 2014 ACC All-Conference First Team
- 1 ECNL Alum on the 2014 ACC All-Conference Second Team
Across college soccer, the “ECNL player” has become the epitome of the next generation collegiate soccer player. Congratulations to these players for continuing their journey of success in college, and representing what it means to be an ECNL Alum in the next stage of their playing careers.
To learn more about the ECNL College Impact, visit www.AmazingYoungWomen.com.
About Amazing Young WomenTM: The Amazing Young Women campaign is a dynamic platform of online and local market activations that showcase and celebrate female role models offering an aspirational focus for all female athletes and teens as they prepare to be our next generation of leaders. Throughout the 2014-2015 season, the ECNL will showcase what it means to have #BeautifulAmbition as exemplified by former and current ECNL players, and will call on all of the nation’s women to join the movement to celebrate the endless potential of today’s girls.
About Elite Clubs National League: The Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) was founded in 2009 to enhance the developmental experience of female youth soccer players in the United States through: (i) Improving the competitive environment through creation of a true national competitive league; (ii) Improving the process for identifying elite female soccer players for the U.S. Soccer youth national teams through a systematic scouting and identification program based on national competitions; and (iii) improving the daily training environment at top female youth soccer clubs through developing best practices and training and organizational guidelines for its member clubs. The ECNL is sanctioned by US Club Soccer and is sponsored by Nike Soccer.
For media enquiries: