MISSION: The Elite Clubs National League, Inc. (“ECNL”) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit member-based organization founded in 2009 to enhance the developmental experience of the female youth soccer players in the United States through:
- Improving the competitive environment through creation of a true national competitive league with multiple flights;
- Improving the process for identifying elite female soccer players for the U.S. Soccer youth national teams through a systematic scouting and identification program based on national competitions; and
- Improving the daily training environment at top female youth soccer clubs through developing best practices and training and organizational guidelines for its member clubs.
GOAL: The goal of the Elite Clubs National League is to change the landscape for elite female soccer players in the United States through innovative, player-centered programming and to enhance the overall experience by creating a better, more enjoyable, and more successful player, coach, and club development model.
IMPLEMENTATION: The ECNL is led by a Board of Directors elected by the member clubs. Day-to-day operations are managed by the ECNL Commissioner. The ECNL has four primary platforms:
- The Competition Platform;
- The Player Identification Platform;
- The Club and Coach Development Platform, and
- The H.E.R. Platform (a female-specific "Health & Education Resources" Platform).